Privacy and Security
Except as described in this policy or as otherwise required by law, we will not sell or disclose your personally-identifiable information to anyone. Personal information is information about you that is not publicly available and can identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- When you visit the Website, our web server automatically recognizes your domain name, IP address, your computer’s operating system, browser type, the address of the web page that you’re coming from, and those pages that you visit on our Website. We may store that information and use it to customize content presented to you. We use this data in the aggregate to determine how much our customers use parts of our Website so that we can improve it. But we don’t automatically recognize or collect your name, email address, home address, or telephone number unless you have specifically provided this information to us on the Website.
- We may collect mobile and other phone numbers as part of our Promotional Programs. We may also collect your name with your phone number when you register for our Promotional Programs. You may choose not to provide this information, but then you won’t be eligible to participate in the applicable Promotional Program.
- We do collect personal information consisting of the names or email addresses of those who communicate with us via email, sign-up to receive our newsletter, or submit content to user-generated content areas, and information that customers volunteer, such as survey information and the information provided to enter an online contest.
- When you order goods available for purchase on our Website, we collect additional personal information, including your name, address, phone number, and “ship-to” name and address, if different than your name and address. But we don’t collect your credit card account numbers or expiration dates.
- We or our partners collect information about you when you visit the Website or access our mobile application, such as the pages you visit and product information you view. We may do this by cookies, flash cookies, pixel tags (also called clear gifs, web beacons, or web bugs), or iFrames. Cookies, flash cookies, pixel tags, or iFrames may be placed by Plucky Knitter or by our partners. The information we collect helps us better manage the Website and our mobile application, makes it easier for you to use these tools, and provides more effective marketing to you.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- All personal information that we collect may be used to (i) improve our Website or mobile application; (ii) customize their content or layout for individual visitors; (iii) notify customers about updates to the Website or mobile application; and (iv) communicate with our customers about their orders. And personal information may be used by us to contact customers for marketing purposes.
- We may also share your personal information with third parties that perform services or functions on our behalf (such as credit card payment processing, order processing, order fulfillment and delivery), but their activities are subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations.
- We may also disclose your personal information to a third party if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law, is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, imminent bodily harm, or to protect our company or another individual or business. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts, or other government entities.
- Our use of your personal information will be consistent with this policy. We may also use your personal information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change, we will post changes to this policy on our Website to notify you of these changes. If you are concerned about how your personal information is used, you should check the Website periodically.
What About the Privacy Rights of Children?
- Just like you, we’re especially aware of children’s privacy issues. We know that parents are justifiably concerned about their children’s activities online and what’s being done with the information they reveal. That’s why we will never intentionally collect information from children under 13, with the exception of email addresses used only for reply purposes. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Security Measures Are in Place for My Information?
- Internally, we restrict your personal information under our control to those persons who have a need to know that information. But because of risks inherent in using the Internet and sophisticated hackers, we can’t guarantee the security of your personal information. Other than these security measures, you transmit data, including personal information, to us at your own risk.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared or public computer.
How Can You Manage Your Personal Information?
- You can correct or change your personal information by emailing email@example.com.
- If you block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this policy will stop.
Your California Privacy Rights:
- Under Section 17538 of the California Business and Professions Code, residents of California that are involved in Internet transactions have the right to know certain information. This information as it applies to your transactions on www.thepluckyknitter.com is as follows:
- Vendor’s Name: Plucky Knitter, Inc.
- Vendor’s Address: 362 Haynes Loop Drive, Hastings, Michigan 49058, U.S.A
- Return and Refund Procedures (included in our Guidelines)
- To request an email or hard copy of the information disclosure provided by Plucky Knitter under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code or Section 17538 of the California Business and Professions Code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If You Have any Questions or Comments
- You may contact us at the following direct mail address:
Plucky Knitter, Inc.
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer
362 Haynes Loop Drive
Hastings, Michigan 49058 U.S.A.
Policy Revisions and Updates
Last Revision Date: January 3, 2017