Camptown Races by Star Athena featuring Primo Sport is ready to go! Kits are going up for sale this Sunday evening, August 26th at 8:00 p.m. Eastern right here on the Plucky Blog. There will be ten different kits available and all ten kits will be available in either Primo Sport or the brand new Plucky Traveler. Please note: If you are purchasing a kit on Primo Sport the colors will be a bit more intense than those shown on Traveler. I cannot emphasize enough that Traveler takes the dye differently (more heathered, subtle, muted). That being said, I think we have some super fun kits put together that will look great on both bases.
Camptown Races is a three-color cowl with two different striping options. It’s worked in the round as a tube. There are loops of yarn looping in rounds around a large loop… like a racetrack.
- Length, Circumference: 51 inches (129.5 cm) around. 6 inches (15 cm) wide. Length is adjustable.
- Yarn: Sport-weight yarn in three colors that give you proper gauge. Sample shown: The Plucky Knitter Primo Sport [75% Extra Fine ItalianMerino Wool, 20% Cashmere, 5% Nylon; 275yd per 100 gram skein]; colors: MC: Medieval (grey), CC1: Edwardian (blue), CC2: Princess Phone (yellow): Less than 1 skein each. Large Chevron Cowl uses approx 594 yards and 216 grams of yarn in total. The striped version used approx 3 grams per stripe.
- Needles: 1 set US #4/3.5mm 32” circular needle (magic loop) OR two 24” circulars OR 8” circular needle OR double pointed needles, or size to get gauge.
- Notions: Stitch marker, tapestry needle.
- Gauge: 20 sts/32 rows = 4″ in stockinette st. NOTE: Gauge is not critical.
- NOTES: This medium-level pattern is worked in the round with three colors. It includes stripes and/or chevrons (your choice). The cowl starts with a provisional cast on, is a knit in the round as a tube, then grafted together at the end. If you prefer, you may do a traditional cast on and sew the cowl together at the end.
Last, but most certainly not least, Thank you. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart for the enthusiasm and support you have shown for Plucky. We are a very small, family run business and it is our sincere privilege to serve you. It is never far from my mind that there are many places you can go to fill your yarn-y needs so please know how much I (we) treasure your loyalty, friendship and support and will never cease to work hard to bring you unique bases, colors and, well, work hard to grant any yarn-y wishes we can!