The Dreamboat Shawl and a Gray Mystery!
Ah, gray…you’re ever so dreamy. It’s that time, again. Time for a new gray mystery! This mystery offering has brought us some fabulous grays through the years…Hi-Ho Silver, It’s a Twister, Chimney Sweep, and the list goes on. What will the mystery gray be this time around?!
Along with all this fun, we are pleased as punch to introduce you to Dreamboat! Dreamboat is a gorgeous trifecta of texture, ruffle, and stripes! The body of this shawl is worked from the top down in a simple knit-purl textured motif and ends with a whimsical set of stripes. All of this is brought together with the most adorable ruffle you ever did see. It’s generous size makes it perfect for draping over the shoulders and arms to ward off a chill, while the light and airy texture of Yakkity keeps it easy to wrap around the neck, too.
Dreamboat is shown above in Yakkity in colors Old Mill (MC) and Sockeye (CC).
Photo credit ©Margotchien
Kits for Dreamboat will be available in this update in the following options:
Please note the Dreamboat pattern is not included in the kit and can be purchased HERE
- The Original: This kit will include 4 skeins of Old Mill Yakkity and a mini 25 gram skein of Yakkity Sockeye for the stripes. Price: $183
- The Mystery: This kit will be sold in the base and main color of your choice. Bases available will include Yakkity or Solo DK. Main Color choices will be all colors available in this update, however, some exclusions will apply to Yakkity. The mini 25 gram skein in this kit will be a mystery and will be chosen to complement the main color. The mini skein included will be the same base chosen for the body of the shawl. Price: Yakkity kit $183, Solo DK kit $151
- Beauregard DK
- Bello Fingering
- Bello DK
- Bulky – $17
- Halo Worsted
- Primo Fingering
- Solo DK
- Trusty Fingering
- Yakkity DK
- Yakkity Aran
- Please join us on the Plucky Blog Sunday, February 17th at 8:00 pm EST, going through Monday, February 18th while supplies last. Please note, some bases may sell out quickly.
- This is a pre-order update and will ship the week of March 18th. For administrative purposes your shipping label may be created an unspecified amount of time prior to actually shipping. Once an update begins to ship it may take 4 business days for all orders to leave the barn.
- Please Note: Sea Salt, Old Mill, and Peppercorn are only available on Yakkity DK and Yakkity Aran. They are the natural, un-dyed colors of that base.
- Color Restrictions: The following colors will NOT be available on Beauregard and Yakkity bases: Rainbow Puddles, Smokey Mountain Rain, Cement Mixer, Smudge, and Carbon Fiber.
- Any colors or bases you’d love to see in this update? Please join us in the Wishlist Thread on Ravelry! We are always happy to grant as many wishes as we can.
A BIT OF HOUSEKEEPING:
- If you are new to Plucky, Welcome! We are so glad you are here! Please take a moment to read through our FAQs, found HERE.
- We welcome you to join us in our Ravelry group, as we chat about the update, favorite recipes, pets and what to cast on next!
- If you haven’t already downloaded the Plucky Knitter app (link below), it is a great way to explore color pairings and combos that Hayley and I have put together for you.