It’s finally time to let you in on this little Solo secret, and we couldn’t be happier to shout it from the rooftops! If you adored Single, the wait is over. This is for you! And for the Traveler lovers among us, this is right up your alley as well!
With the fiber content of the old Plucky Single (80.20 merino silk) and the twist of Plucky Traveler, and 475 yards per skein (WOW!), Solo has something for everyone!
With its lovely tight twist, Solo is up to the task of making textures stand out. Knit-purl combinations, slipped stitches and other simple textures take center stage in this base. And for the crocheters among us, Solo is phenomenal for making all those treble stitches pop. The merino content keeps it sturdy and long lasting, while the silk provides a soft hand, an elegant sheen and the perfect amount of drape. Solo really comes alive after a good soak, it softens up beautifully while at the same time maintains its body. We’ve selected a list of colors that we think positively shine on Solo, including two brand new colorways. Meet Baby Love and Metro!!
Baby Love: Cool and vibrant. Light in tone, while at the same time lively and vivid. More saturated than Holland Mint, lighter/brighter than Petal Pusher.
Metro: Cool, steely, sage-leaning blue/gray. Lighter and much more blue/gray leaning than Table Setting and Banquette. Cooler, less brown leaning than Sage Advice.
- Groovy, Baby!
- Primo Fingering
- Primo Sport
- Primo Worsted
- Snug Worsted
- Trusty Fingering
- Please join us on the Plucky Blog, Sunday, February 11th at 8:00pm ET, and again, Monday, February 12th at Noon ET.
- This is a pre-order update and will ship the week of March 12th. Please note, for administrative purposes your shipping label may be generated an unspecified amount of time prior to actually shipping. Once an update begins shipping, it may take up to 4 business days to leave the barn.
- Solo price is $28/skein. 80.20 Merino/Silk. Fingering weight, 475 yards per 115g skein.
- Something else you’d love to see in this update? Please hop on over to the Wishlist Thread on Ravelry! We’re are very happy to grant as many wishes as we possibly can!
A BIT OF HOUSEKEEPING:
- If you are new to Plucky, Welcome! We are so glad you are here! Please take a moment to read through our FAQs, found HERE.
- We welcome you to join us in our Ravelry group, as we chat about the update, favorite recipes, pets and what to cast on next!
- If you haven’t already downloaded the Plucky Knitter app (link below), it is a great way to explore color pairings and combos that Hayley and I have put together for you.